The course is geared toward equipping members of the greater Sacramento community with the knowledge of the basic tenets of the Islamic faith. Our hopes are that through education, we will be able to dispel stereotypes that have provided the backbone of a sentiment of fear that has plagued our nation. Thus, we cordially invite you to partake in this journey into the heart of Islam. Discover for yourself what constitutes the faith of over 1.6 billion people in our world.
SALAM is a masjid: a place of worship and an environment of education, spirituality and contemplation. It’s Allah’s house!
Please follow diligently all dress code guidelines for this masjid:
- Brothers and sisters are expected to wear loose, opaque (nontransparent) clothing articles that cover their bodies. No shorts, short skirts or tight pants allowed.
- Sisters must wear long loose pants, abayas or long skirts at all times, that reach all the way to the ankles. Sisters must also wear long sleeve loose shirts, or any traditional clothing article that satisfies the purpose. Tops must be long enough to cover the behinds. For brothers, shirts must be either tucked in, or long enough to cover the lower back and the behinds. Under-garments and skin cannot be visible.
- When at the masjid on Fridays between 12 and 3 pm, all sisters are expected to cover their hair with hijabs. If you don’t have a scarf, please inform one of our staff members, and a clean scarf will be made available immediately.
- Parents of students who wish to enter the premises of SALAM to pick up their children or for any other purpose, must abide by the SALAM Dress Code Policy, unless they choose to stay in their vehicles.
- The policy applies to all SALAM visitors as well. Please inform the office if you need assistance.
Although modesty is a general requirement for all Muslim men and women, it becomes increasingly important to follow its guidelines when at Allah’s house.
“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! God is Aware of what they do, And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is (supposed to be) apparent, and to draw their headcovers over their chests, and not to reveal their adornment.” (Quran 24:30)