Sacramento Area League of Associated Muslims (SALAM) is seeking an energetic and charismatic Executive Director. The ideal candidate will use a strategic mindset to drive the future success of SALAM Center, by aligning teams under one vision.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of SALAM Islamic Center.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing SALAM to consistently achieve its purpose and mission, financial objectives, and community development. Such management is conducted in accordance with SALAM’s Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws; both are based on the teachings of the Islamic faith.
Duties of the Executive Director
- Manage SALAM’s operations, employees, and volunteers.
- Manage SALAM’s facilities and ensure the best utilization of the organizations’ assets.
- Manage SALAM’s technology and social media infrastructure.
- Implement short and long terms goals and objectives, as directed by the SALAM Board of Trustees (BOT).
- Provide leadership in developing programs.
- Maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop organizational and financial plans and carry out policies authorized by the Board.
- Represent SALAM with local and national organizations and promote positive relationships and healthy dialogue.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all programs.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to the Bylaws, policies, and procedures.
- Report monthly and regularly to the BOT. Ensure that BOT members are kept fully informed on the condition of SALAM.
- Establish leadership and creativity in fundraising and program-specific fund drives.
- Develop and implement an effective long-range fundraising strategy.
- Implement the annual budget, as approved by SALAM membership, and recommend amendments to the BOT.
- Oversee SALAM programs and ensure they operate within the allocated budget, spending guidelines, and policies.
- Oversee account receivables and account payables and ensure proper recording, following internal controls.
- Explore and apply for adequate grants from all sources to support SALAM programs and projects.
- Ensure accountability to donors.
- Oversee and facilitate the work of committees and programs.
- Maintain a climate that attracts and motivates a diverse core of volunteers to work in various committees and projects.
- Support the Director of Religious and Social Services and the Learning Director, as needed.
- Support and advise SALAM’s various entities, including education and learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, non-profit administration, religious studies, education, or related fields.
- Fluency in English is a must, a knowledge of foreign languages, such as Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak in public and with the Media.
- An amiable attitude in interaction with people of all faiths and must have a good grasp of Islamic values and be able to demonstrate conformity to such values with full confidence.
- Three years of experience in managing three or more full-time employees, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Five years of progressive experience in business or educational organizations.
- Ability to motivate and recruit volunteers, ability to develop SALAM’s community, and ability to reach out.
- Master’s degree in one of the fields mentioned above.
- Degrees or diplomas in Islamic studies or religious studies.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing