Sacramento Area League of Associated Muslims (SALAM) is seeking an energetic and charismatic Associate Imam.
The Associate Imam is responsible for managing young Muslims’ programs and supporting the Religious and Social Director.
Duties of the Associate Imam
- Conduct daily prayers and backup the Religious and Social Director in conducting Friday prayers.
- Assist the Religious and Social Director in implementing the Ramadan program and activities.
- Lead the young Muslims’ programs; motivate and empower young Muslims to learn and volunteer.
- Assume the role of the Imam during Weekend School hours.
- Organize and conduct regular Quran halaqas/classes for different age groups throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Islamic studies, Quranic studies, or related fields.
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Arabic is strongly recommended.
- Follow the school of thought of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama’aa .
- Ability to recite the Quran in Arabic.
- The Associate Imam shall be well versed in Islam.
- Fluency in English/Arabic.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Master’s degree in one of the fields mentioned above.
- Experience in being a Full-time Imam.
Salary and Benefits
The compensation package is very competitive and depends on qualifications and experience.