Sacramento Area League of Associated Muslims (SALAM) is seeking a proactive and creative Program Coordinator for its Afghan Women’s Program. This role will help coordinate program activities and manage the participant resource center. This is a grant-funded position and is contingent on the availability of grant funds.
Program and Resource Center Coordinator
The Program Coordinator is the programmatic lead for the Resource Center for New Arrivals. The resource center will provide support for newly arrived Afghan families and coordinate the Afghan women’s program.
This community-based resource center will serve as a hub for SALAM families to access services and supports as they adjust to life in America. The coordinator will work with SALAM management, partner CBOs, and facilitators to deliver quality, culturally informed, and community-responsive support services. Such management is conducted in accordance with SALAM’s Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws; both are based on the teachings of the Islamic faith.
Duties of the Program Coordinator
- Manage the new arrivals resource center
- Recruit eligible program participants
- Register participants and track attendance
- Communicate with program participants about their progress and needs
- Coordinate presenters and space usage
- Refer participants to appropriate support services
- Provide administrative support to program facilitators
- Recruit volunteers
- Compose program reports
- Report regularly to the Executive Director
- Fluency in Dari or Farsi
- A combination of:
- Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Two years of performing the duties of a program coordinator.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to work with participants in person, over the phone, or in writing using English.
- Ability to write in Dari or Farsi
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer service experience
- Availability to work afternoons and evenings three days a week and Saturday.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Experience managing a resource center
- Experience delivering presentations
- Experience in Program Management
- Fluency in Pashto
Salary and Benefits
Term: This is an hourly position, grant-funded, and can be terminated at any time with or without cause.
$20 – $25 Per hour. This is a contract position and is not eligible for SALAM benefits.
How To Apply
Please email a complete application package to the Chair of the HR Committee – HR@salamcenter.org.
Application Package should include:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
- Copies of certificates and transcripts