Three White Days
The White days are the three consecutive days that fall on every 13th, 14th, and 15th day of the Islamic month. It is called white days because the full moon shines brightly throughout the three mentioned days.
Muslims are encouraged to fast during these three days on every Islamic month.
Abu Hurairah reported: My friend (the Messenger of Allah) directed me to observe fast for three days in every month, to perform two Rak’ah (optional) Duha prayer at forenoon and to perform the Witr prayer before going to bed.
~ Bukhari and Muslim
The three white days of Rajab 1444:
– Rajab 13th | Saturday, Feb. 4th, 2023
– Rajab 14th | Sunday, Feb. 5th, 2023
– Rajab 15th | Monday, Feb. 6th, 2023
The three white days of Shaaban 1444:
– Shaaban 13th | Sunday, March 5th, 2023
– Shaaban 14th | Monday, March 6th, 2023
– Shaaban 15th | Tuesday, March 7th, 2023
The three white days for Shawwal 1444:
– Shawwal 13th | Wednesday May 3rd, 2023
– Shawwal 14th | Thursday May 4th, 2023
– Shawwal 15th | Friday May 5th, 2023
Note: For those fasting the six days of Shawwal, you can combine intentions with the three white days for more reward insha’a Allah.
Get in the habit of fasting!