SALAM’s Education Scholarships
SALAM’s Education Scholarship Committee is offering financial scholarships, which will be given during SALAM’s Annual Banquet scheduled on Saturday, December 3, 2022, at SALAM Community Center.
These Scholarships are offered by Professors: Ayad Al-Qazzaz, Metwalli Amer, Rosalie Cuneo Amer, and Br. Mahmud Sharif. Other donors are welcome to join this group. The Minimum amount of each Scholarship is $1,000.
Scholarships are available to deserving Muslim students who are enrolled in colleges and universities and meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time college student.
- Received a Minimum GPA of 3:00 out of a scale of 4:00 (B Average) in the courses completed the year(s) before the current school year.
- Submit a copy of the courses and grades transcript for at least one completed recent school year of study.
- Present two letters of recommendation from current professors. The recommendations must be on the official stationery of the college or university, signed, and dated.
- Write a full one page-essay, double-spaced, on: “Why I should deserve to be selected to receive the Scholarship.” Include in the essay your full name, phone number, e-mail, and home address. It must be signed.
Winners of last year’s scholarships (2019) are not eligible to apply this year.
The Committee will not consider applicants who do not comply fully with the above five criteria.
All required documents must be submitted no later than Monday, November 21, 2022, in person to SALAM Office Manager or be mailed to:
Chair of Education Scholarship Committee
SALAM Islamic Center
4545 College Oak Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95841